There are two types of room in CSK Hall (UG Hall VII):
- Single Room
- Double Room
All bedrooms in UG Hall VII are fully furnished and air-conditioned. A chair, a desk, a wardrobe, a bookshelf, internet outlet port and a bed with mattress are provided in the room for each resident. Besides, a toilet and a bathroom are shared by 2 residents (in single rooms) and by 4 residents (in double rooms). Electronic meters are installed for the air conditioners so that residents are charged according to actual electricity consumption.
There are 2 Common Rooms on every residential floor of CSK Hall (UG Hall VII).
Each Common Room is equipped with a sink, a drinking fountain, 2 refrigerators, 2 microwave ovens and an electric water boiler. There are no cooking facilities in the room or in any other areas in the hall premises.
The laundry is equipped with 4 washing and 4 drying machines. All are smart card operated. Irons and ironing boards are provided upon request and subject to availability.
In case of fire emergency or fire drill exercise
- Be familiar with all the fire escape routes in advance. The routes are shown on the floor plan posted below in the Lift Lobby on your floor. Study them carefully and know where to assemble after you evacuate to the open area.
- Fire alarm bells will sound continuously in case of real fire or fire drill. Upon hearing a continuous alarm, evacuate from the building at once.
- CO-OPERATE with hall staff and FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS during the exercise.
- To protect your personal properties, remember to lock up your rooms before you leave. Neither the Hall Management nor the Security Office will be responsible for any loss or damage of personal properties. HOWEVER, in case of REAL FIRE, you should always consider your own SAFETY FIRST.
- After evacuation, the Fire Drill commander, i.e. your Residential Life Officer will check the resident rooms. Residents found inside the building not participating in the fire drill WILL BE ASKED to show his/her identity and GIVE EXPLANATION.
- In case you have visitor in the hall at the night of the drill, he or she is ALSO REQUIRED to participate in the fire drill.
Nobody can foretell when a fire will happen. Please take the exercise seriously. Participation is very important as this is to protect your own lives. Do not attempt to stay in your rooms or skip the exercise since it will be useless to regret after an accident happens. If you have any physical problems / serious sickness, please let the Hall Office know so that we can take care of you during the drill.
Assembly Point for CSK Hall